Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Family Name Art

Yesterday was my Grom's birthday, that would be grandma to most of you. We are taking her out tonight to celebrate and I wanted to make her something very special. Her house has been in the process of being remodeled and I found this wonderful frame at Ikea when we were on a trip there for decorating inspiration. It's fun having two places to redecorate. Pictures of our new place will be coming soon! I've been so busy with packing and moving, then unpacking and organizing that I almost forgot about making her present. But yesterday, my mother was posting pictures for everyone of all the happenings over at their place and a light bulb went off - Grom's present! So, I put everything else aside and got to work figuring out what to do for her and came up with this:


I wanted to make sure that it would match their new decor and that it wouldn't just be another piece of art to hang on the wall. I used the pictures that my mother had posted as color inspiration, especially this wall hanging she made:

(don't you just love it?)
  
The details: The background on the right and left sides are newsprint scrapbook paper and the middle is a green print from the Luxury Stack of Premium Stack scrapbook paper. On the left I attached a white cardstock daisy and on the right I used a white scroll font stickers to spell "Fish," the family name. I printed the quote on the green paper in LD Old Glory font. "Being a family means you are part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

I think it will go wonderfully with the new decor and more importantly, I think my Grom will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment