Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

The *Easy* Baby Blanket


My father-in-law was looking for a gift for a co-worker who had just had a baby. I wanted to make something functional and pretty but I was also short on time since I had forgotten that I had promised to make the gift. While surfing around on Pinterest (as I have been known to do), I stumbled across this delightful tutorial over at Mama Stellato.

Her pattern is just as simple as the title suggests. I was in love! Here was something that I could get done fast enough to make up for all my forgetfulness.

The front piece I used is a patterned fleece. I was able to find a cute baby themed pattern that I just loved. I found a matching piece of brown flannel for the back panel. Since the fleece is so thick and cozy, I didn't use the batting as the pattern suggested. Putting the fleece and flannel together made for a super soft and cuddly blanket. Other than that, I followed the steps outlined in the tutorial.

These are so fast to sew up that they are now part of my regular routine for my Project Linus blankets. Saves a lot of time, since I always seem to be working on a million different things.

So the next time you have procrastinated a baby gift, keep this in mind!

6 comments:

  1. This blanket looks easy enough for even me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out! You really should give it a try. It is a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blanket it is too cute. I have a new link party starting today and would love you to add your link to it. http://asouthernladysramblings.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinterest-love-and-thursday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I joined up at your party and will watch for more on your blog.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ll share tomorrow!
    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn for having a place for me to share! I will be back tomorrow with more great things!

      Delete