Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Anthro-Inspired Necklace

Oh Anthropologie, how I love to look at EVERYTHING you make! But my budget would seriously be ruined if I bought some of the things you have. Like this. I love it! Like seriously LOVE it. I would ask anyone for it for Christmas but there are two problems - 1. No one in their right mind would spend $148 on it for me, 2. It's no longer in stock. So being the crafty person I am, I decided that I could make something that would satisfy my urge for this beauty.

My version is made of scraps of miscellaneous fabrics and ribbon from my overflowing scrap drawer, in a palette suitable to my wardrobe. For the clasp, I tied a knot in one end and made a loop out of the other so that it hooks together. The clasp looks similar to the Anthropologie necklace. I love the finished necklace! And the best part was it was completely free! I already had everything to make it.

Oh and you also get to see my new hair.The pink & blue is gone. I went in to get it cut and had a picture of the new style I wanted, which had a new color in it too. My stylist loved the color and convinced me to try it. It didn't take much convincing (I just had pink & blue, right). Her argument was, "If you don't like it, we'll change it again." Sounded great to me! Well, I love it! It just might last awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment