Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentines for Boys 2: Superhero Valentines

Superhero Valentines: It's all that sweet stuff in disguise, so even the littlest guys will like it!

In the second edition of Valentines for Boys, it's nephew #2's turn. See Valentines for Boys: Part 1 for more ideas. Nephew #2 was just as excited to pick out his own design and quickly selected the Superhero Valentines.


Supplies: 30 tootsie pops (I used the Valentine's Day themed), cardstock in a variety of colors, tape or glue dots, glue stick, scissors, hole punch

I created a black and white template printable, you can download it here. Print the template on any colored cardstock you desire. 

To make the superhero emblem on the cape, out came the trusty Silhouette. I found a Superhero design in their store and used the LD Blankie font. The Superhero design was two pieces, so I decided to only use the inner piece. For instructions on how to print and cut, check out the tutorial on the Silhouette FAQ page.

It would also be easy to make these with a printer and cardstock and then cut a design by hand.

To assemble: Cut the shapes from the template by hand. Then punch a hole in the top of the capes with the hole punch. Attach your superhero emblem using the glue stick. The cape slides on to the stick of the tootsie pop and shouldn't need anything to secure it - the wrapper helps it stay in place. Then attach the mask with a glue dot or piece of tape.

Perfect for any little boy!



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I saw these in this month's Disney Family fun magazine, too. I think my sis is going to do these for my nephew. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he will love them! They are really easy and much more fun than the store bought kind.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, these are TOO CUTE! :) Totally pinning them--thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm glad you like them! And thanks for the pin too!

      Delete
  3. This would be a great addition to The Pretty Packages Party! Would love for you to stop by and link up!
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/pretty-packages-party-12.html
    Smiles!
    Jami
    The Blackberry Vine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invite! I'd be delighted to link up with the party!

      Delete
  4. Stopping by to say hi!!! Visiting from Blueberry Vine Pretty Packages Party. What a super cute idea!
    Please come by and visit me at Cards & Things By Alex http://schnookle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Alex! I'm glad you like them. I'll hop right over and visit your page!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for being a part of “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17!

    Even as the party continues to grow, I’m glad I still have the opportunity to visit all the amazing projects and soak up the inspiration that is shared each week!

    Hope you’ll join the fun this week too– the party is in full swing!

    Best, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to linking up with you and seeing the great things you share with us too!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up last week. I hope you Visit Show and Tell Thursday at A Southern Lady's Ramblings Again

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just SUPER!!! REally like how you added the emblem on the cape! Thank you so much for linking up to the Pretty Packages Party. The March Pretty Packages Party will begin tonight at 9:00 PM CST. Hope you'll stop by again!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete